Friday, March 14, 2014

Just call me Polyp-anna

Like Pollyanna playing the "glad game," I always try to look on the bright side. So, when the doctor told me he found - and removed - a polyp during my colonoscopy yesterday, I didn't flinch. (Truth is, I was too doped up to do anything. Love that Demerol-Versed cocktail.) The good news is: The polyp didn't look cancerous. The bad news: If it is not cancerous, I am officially on the five-year colonoscopy plan for the rest of my life. I was hoping for a clean test to put me on the ten-year plan but oh well. I'm glad I didn't procrastinate having the procedure...and glad it's behind me (sorry), at least for now.
"Before" and a"after" from the souvenir photo album they sent home with me.
Giving thought to having a colonscopy? Here is some additional information for you.  Really, it isn't that bad.  And, the nap you'll take after the procedure is the best you'll ever have. I promise.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...