Friday, March 21, 2014

Do you have a signature scent?

Apparently, it's National Fragrance Day. (It's also First Round of the NCAA Tournament Day, too, but I'm too nervous to talk about that.) I don't have a signature scent and I wonder if that's a bad thing. I was wearing Origins Ginger Essence for a long time. Then, I switched to Blue by Ralph Lauren. These days, I tend not to wear anything at all, unless it's a very special occasion. I think, where fragrance is concerned, it's hard to get it right.  Less is more. Still, I remember how my mother nailed it by wearing just the right amount of Chanel No. 5 (naturally) and I wonder if I should put more effort into the whole olfactory thing. Taking suggestions.... what do you wear, if anything?

5 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I love anything by Jo Malone, especially English Pear.
But you can't go wrong with Chanel No. 5.

Cathy Hamilton said...

I had a grapefruit cologne from Jo Malone once. I'd forgotten about that. They say if you wear grapefruit, people will think you're younger than you really are.

TARYTERRE said...

I wear ANGEL by Thierry Mugler.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Never heard of that one, TT. I'll try to locate it. Thnx.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Although I'm definitely no angel, so I'm not sure I could wear it in all honesty.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...