Thursday, March 6, 2014

Oil pulling. Yep, I did it.

One teaspoon of unfiltered, organic coconut oil.
I've been reading a lot about the ancient Ayurvedic practice of oil pulling and finally tried it this morning. Enticed by the promise of whiter teeth, reduced sinus congestion, better sleep and a myriad of other health benefits, I put a teaspoon of solid coconut oil in my mouth and held it there, swirling and swishing it over teeth and tongue, for twenty minutes. The one problem I hope to correct tomorrow morning? The solid bit. Not the greatest sensation. In fact, kind of gross. In the future, I will melt it before swishing. But, over all, not too bad. My teeth feel great and the twenty minutes went by quickly as I got ready for my day. I will continue this for a couple of weeks and report back on my progress. Meanwhile, I'm suddenly craving a pina colada.

1 comment:

Colleen in A2 said...

Hmmmm. I am going to give it a try as I suffer from sensitive teeth.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...