Saturday, December 26, 2009

Kicking back old school

Santa must have sensed we'd get socked in for three days this Christmas, low on liquor and desperate for things to do. That's why he left these old-timey diversions under the tree:

I used to be quite the Tiddledy Winks player in my youth.  And there's the operative word - youth.  After a rousing game of Tiddledy with the old man on the living room floor last night, not only were our point totals low, we could hardly move a half hour later.

My daughter loves her potholder loom (like the one I had in 4th grade) so much, she won't let me make one lousy potholder.  She's got a party to go to tonight and when she's away, the elves will play, baby!

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...