Thursday, December 10, 2009

Nice rack! (Vol. 1, Issue 1)

    I'm embarking today on a little experiment in SEO or Search Engine Optimization.  The Web geeks in my newsroom say one of our most traffic-generating stories of all time was a piece on our 'alt' site with the words "nice rack" in the title.  (Yes, it was about breasts, or the psychology of having large ones.)

    There are other kinds of nice racks, of course, and pictured above is one of mine.  This nice rack is from a collection of hand-painted furniture from France or Belgium (the seller wasn't sure which) I purchased for a song several years ago.   It hangs in my dining room above the dry sink we use as a bar/stereo cabinet.  Technically, it's probably more of a shelf but, because it has cup hooks, I call it a rack.
    I have more than one nice rack and, in the interest of my little traffic-increasing experiment, I will show them to you, here on my new blog, from time to time.  When I run out,  I will seek out other nice racks and showcase them here, too.  I realize I run the risk of ticking off more than a few adolescent boys (of all ages) but such is life in the dog-eat-dog blogosphere.
    In the meantime, if you have a nice rack to share, send it to me or post in a comment.  I'll share your nice rack with the world.

4 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I'm not sure the rack in my garage would qualify as a nice one. Or the spice rack I've been meaning to organize. Or the shoe rack in my closet. I guess what I'm sayin' is, my rack isn't presentable.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Honey, I've seen your rack and you should have no shame.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Spoken like a true friend. The implants help, of course.

chenlina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...