Thursday, December 31, 2009

Let the games begin!


    I put out a call on my Facebook page for people to name their favorite party game.  We're having friends over tonight for a low-keyed New Year's Eve dinner party and I needed some fresh ideas.
   Here's what came in.  Feel free to add your faves:  Celebrity, Consensus, MadGab, Apples to Apples, Bananagrams, Trivial Pursuit, Pictionary, Cranium, Spin the Bottle (this, from the apparently frisky Short Jewish Gal - see link to the right), Charades, Taboo and Mexican Train.  (Funny, no one mentioned Naked Twister, my personal favorite.)
   Looks like I have some research to do to figure out which games would work best for a party of 12.
   Here's hoping you have a fun and safe night tonight, and a fabulous year ahead.
   Cheers!

3 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Thanks for the nod, Cathy. I believe I put "ha!" after my suggestion. Another idea that thrumps Naked Twister: Key Party. (Think "Ice Storm.") Sounds like a wild time awaits you and your guests. Here's to a great new year!

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Make that "trumps." Although "thrumps" works too.

Karen said...

Okay, I did the key party, and the twister, but what really works, is going dancing=calories burned! Of course I hurt for 2 days later! ha...

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...