Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Welcome to the new BoomerGirl!

   As you have undoubtedly noticed, BoomerGirl has a new look and a new home.  The site is no longer under the ownership of The World Company.  Instead, it has become my personal blog site, owned by me and hosted by Blogspot.
   The content here will be much the same as on the old site but some of the old features, like staff blogs, blogs by BoomerGirl readers and games, are gone.  There are, however, links to most of your favorite staff blogs under "Links I Like" and  I'm trying to figure out a way to continue the ever-popular monthly contest.  I'll keep you updated on my progress.
   In the meantime, congratulations to November's contest winner, Marjorie Jensen, who will be receiving a selection of Trapp holiday candles soon.
  A heartfelt thanks to everyone who has supported BoomerGirl(1.0) over the last (almost) 3 years.  I look forward to hearing from you via comments or email in the future.  And I hope you'll check back here frequently for product recommendations, recipes, beauty and fashion tips, rousing podcasts, humor, pop culture, health news and more BoomerGirl 2.0 stuff.
   All best,
   Cathy

7 comments:

rock and roll grandma said...

Hey Cathy,

New site looks great. Thanks for letting me be a part of BoomerGirl. It was a rewarding experience for me.

Best of luck to ya, Penny

aka rock and roll grandma

Suzy said...

Congratulations and good luck!

But ... I miss Raoul.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Congrats, Cathy. It's been a blast and we'll continue to have fun with new podcasts and silliness.

All the best, Carol
formerly Showbiz Kid
now Short Jewish Gal

Anonymous said...

Cathy,

I will miss the old BoomerGirl - but am looking forward to navigating the new one. What will we as readers be able to do with this new site? The interactions and comments from all readers was a great part of BoomerGirl - will we still be able to do that?

Good luck with the new site!

Laurie

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks, everybody. Still learning. Yes, Laurie. Interaction and comments are more than welcome. In fact, I think it'll be easier to comment here than on the old site. Fewer hoops to jump through.

Unknown said...

Best of luck with the new site. It'll be so hot we'll all have flashes!

Thanks for letting me be part of the BoomerGirl experience. xxx

Unknown said...

www0628

jordan shoes
air jordan shoes
canada goose outlet
michael kors outlet
polo ralph lauren
hermes belt
giuseppe zanotti outlet
kate spade outlet
air jordan 12
coach outlet store online







Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...