Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bar stools and backsplash tile

The finishing touches on the kitchen are finally (almost) in place.  The tiles for the bar came in yesterday and they look great, reminding me of our trip to Santa Barbara two years ago.
The tiles prompted a trip to the fabric store (always a narcolepsy-inducing experience, for some reason) where I managed to stay awake long enough to find this fabric - at 40% off - to cover the bar stool seats:
I think they'll look great together.  Now, all I've got to do is find my staple gun, cut and cover, and we'll be sitting in style.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I love the backsplash featured here. I am remodeling my kitchen and would love to have those tiles. Where did you order them? Please email me at torilynjones@yahoo.com. Thank you!

Maia Dobson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maia Dobson said...

The finishing tiles are indeed beautiful because of its Mediterranean style. I hope I could find such bathroom tiles too because I like classic designs.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...