Friday, January 14, 2011

Before and after

All four bar stools (the old walnut tree) are finished and upholstered, 24 hours before my future stepfather (yep, 'still freaky to say) arrives for an intimate dinner party.  At last, I have the "after" photo I've been dying to post...
'Lest you've forgotten what the "before" looked like (I've had a hard time remembering myself), here it is...
You know, it wasn't that horrible. 'Just a little cramped and decidedly "80's." We had good times in that kitchen, many of them with my dad. I've no doubt we'll have good times in the new kitchen with my stepdad. That's the thing about time. It marches on. Good weekend, everyone. Cheers!

1 comment:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

So pretty! Looks fantastic! Use it in the best of health, BG.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...