Monday, January 31, 2011

A blizzard of Brussel sprouts

 
There's nothing like an official, good ol' fashioned blizzard warning to get the culinary juices flowing.  A well-timed Costco run and supplementary trip to the grocery store mean we'll be slurping hot, heart-warming soups until this "colossal event" is over on Wednesday. Here's what we're having tonight: a creamy soup made from my favorite vegetable and curry, my favorite spice. The most difficult thing about this recipe is quartering the little sprouts.

1 comment:

KJ said...

Looks yummy! I just made a big pot of homemade spaghetti sauce made with ground turkey, mushrooms, zucchini, onion & garlic...I tell ya, nothin' like an oncoming blizzard to make a gal want to cook!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...