Thursday, February 24, 2011

Gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now!

The new gig is going exceedingly well. People have been wonderfully welcoming. I have a nice, spacious office and am slowly getting acclimated to Windows after years on a Mac. There's just one thing: My bathroom is in the basement under lock and key...."key" meaning a 5-digit combination that I've had to commit to memory. This wouldn't have been a problem two, three years ago. But, lately, my memory isn't what it used to be.  And, I'm experiencing periodic episodes of - how do I put this delicately - powder room urgency. Today, I almost wet my pants trying to enter my debit card pin number instead of the combination. I can't afford to make any more mistakes or I'll be wearing Depends under my Spanx.

2 comments:

Marguerite said...

Hey, aren't you the top enchilada in that office? You should fix that prob pronto (that's italian, lol). Glad things are going well otherwise. Good luck with the Vag Mono. Hope ya'll raise some serious cash. Your blog pal out in Frisco, marg.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks, Marg. Have fun and watch out for the snow! I hear you might get some for the first time in ...like...ever.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...