Sunday, February 6, 2011

Say It Ain't Snow!

My column today is about the blizzard, which was the biggest thing that happened last week... until I won the Mediterranean cruise. Since I've been watching videos of sunny Italy practically non-stop ever since, (see Vernazza below, one of our planned post-cruise stops), the snow-in-Kansas storyline seems so five minutes ago.
This week's "big thing" is my mother-in-law's 94th birthday. Relatives flying in; preparations to be made. Travel planning is taking a much-needed siesta.
 Oh, and I guess there's a big football game on tonight. I'll be rooting for the Packers, based on my love for cheese and a chance encounter with some lovable cheeseheads in Madison, Wisconsin, years ago.

1 comment:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Snowy with a big helping of hilarity. The house next door is still available. I'm just saying...

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...