Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hi ho, hi ho, it's back to work I go...

News of my new gig hit the press yesterday. Fortunately, there is so much else going on - local elections, drama in the statehouse, chaos in Wisconsin and Libya - my story and sleepy-looking mug didn't get much play. The bigger news is that Rachel Maddow is bringing her show to my favorite downtown brewpub tonight!
I have to admit, I couldn't even tell you what time her MSNBC show is on but, in my new role as Queen Mother of Downtown Lawrence, I think I deserve a seat on stage, front and center, don't you?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The LJW article was great. DLI is lucky to snag such an accomplished and proven media pro to tell their story.

Say ho ho to the Mad Cow for me. The crowd showing up at Free State will no doubt double her regular nightly audience.

Brenda Susan said...

Congrats on the job and the nice write up!

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Way to go, BG! How about bring the SJG out for a shopping spree downtown, all expenses paid? That really should be your first point of business. Mazel tov! They'd picked the right gal for the job!

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thank you, friends. It's been a hectic couple of days, but it feels good.

Flowers said...

Wow! Congrats to you! Awesome.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...