Friday, April 11, 2014

Day 5 (Delayed): Eat, Play, Spa - Ojo Caliente

I was happy to get some time off between spa treatments (now there's a statement I never thought I'd make) so I could enjoy my final day of luxury with my two college friends, who joined me for the last leg of my two week trip in Taos. It was a scenic, 50-minute drive to Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs and Spa...
 where we all had massages, took a mud bath (sorry, no photos provided) and were treated to an hour in a private pool.
After a soak in the private pool. It was too warm to build a fire.
My massage was called "Ancient Echoes of Ojo," an 80-minute trip to heaven including massage and energy balancing techniques of the upper back, shoulders, arms, neck, scalp, face and ears, finishing off with a luxurious foot massage. (Highly recommended. Ask for Gwynne.)
One of the many mineral pools at Ojo Caliente.
After our afternoon of bliss, we got dressed and enjoyed an early dinner in Ojo's Wine Bar and Lounge, starting with their Green Chile "Fries," which are actually potato-crusted chiles with hot 'n' sweet vinegar for dipping. Out. Of. This. World.
Needless to say, we all slept like the ancient rocks of Ojo on our last night in Taos. I credit that 80-minute massage for allowing my body to survive the 14-hour drive home yesterday. (Yes, I cut my trip a little short. Two weeks was long enough to be away from my home sweet home.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Five girlfriends and I are going to Santa Fe in June. I loved reading your comments. I plan to keep coming back as much as I can. It isn't far from where I live. I enjoyed your comments. We are only staying one night.....what do you think we absolutely shouldn't miss and where would you recommend to eat. We'll be there for lunch, dinner, and breakfast the next morning. From there we are touring the wineries and the glassblowing place on the way back to Taos with lunch at Rancho de Chimayo.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Anon, the dining room at The La Fonda is gorgeous and unique, and the food is terrific. You could have any meal there. Cafe Pasqual for breakfast. El Farol on Canyon Rd for lunch or dinner (delicious small plates and great wine). I loved the bar/salon at La Posada. They have a beautiful breakfast, too. If you only have one day and you've never visited before, I'd say do the Loretto tram tour and stay close to the plaza for a half day, then hit Canyon Rd for the other half. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Thank you!! There is so much in Santa Fe that just one day doesn't do it justice. I enjoy the comments that people who have been there say. My name is Jeannie.....I couldn't figure out just exactly how to post it. Our group is mostly in our sixties and seventies, but we enjoy a good time.

Lauren Gottlieb said...

This one is good. keep up the good work!.. Power Derm Brandon fl

Joe Root said...

Nice post mate, keep up the great work, just shared this with my friendz Nuru Massage in delhi

Lauren Gottlieb said...

Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. Tantra in India

Unknown said...

adidas yeezy boost
adidas sneakers
adidas outlet store
air max shoes
tods outlet
kd shoes
coach outlet online
coach outlet online
louboutin outlet
fitflop shoes
170504yueqin

Joe Root said...

This is really the sort of data I have been attempting to discover. Much obliged to you for composing this data. Lymphatic Drainage

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...