Friday, April 25, 2014

Tick...tick...tick....ticktickticktick....

I 
First, it was my daughter. She was stricken last Friday by a stomach bug so vicious, she required two units of IV saline on Monday due to severe hydration.  I can't - I won't! - describe the horrors of it. Suffice it to say, I haven't seen a bug that bad in 58 years. We wondered, what could it be? This is April, after all. Not exactly flu season. Symptoms were Google'd. Samples were taken. We'll probably get the results today. She's recovered, but last night around 3:30 a.m.....tick, tick, tick.... my husband got it. He's in denial, of course, despite five - wait, six! - trips to the bathroom in so many hours. Did I mention I kissed him "goodnight" full on the mouth last night?  Tickticktickticktick....  Remember that game we used to play at parties in the 60s?
I hated that game.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...