Friday, April 4, 2014

Eat, play, spa: Day 3 - La Posada de Santa Fe

   Let me preface this by saying I fully realize how obnoxiously fortunate I am on this assignment. My youngest sister reminded me of this yesterday when she called me the 'b' word after I told her where I was and what I was doing. (Where is the love?)
   Today, I checked into the La Posada de Santa Fe, where I spent a memorable vacation with my parents and second sister (the one who doesn't call me names...anymore) in or around 1967. After bonding with the friendly staff - two of whom have strong Lawrence and/or Kansas connections - I was shown to my home for the next three days: The Photogenesis Suite.
 
 Bedroom with fireplace, just off the living room. 
The entrance to the spa. Serenity now.
St. Francis as seen on the walk to the spa.
The signature treatment of the spa's choice was the Santa Fe Chocolate Chile Wrap. I've never had a wrap before, so I don't have a lot to compare it to. But, if you like being scrubbed all over with a dry loofah, slathered with liquid chocolate infused with Chimayo chile powder, given a heavenly scalp and neck massage while you're wrapped in warm linens, then (after showering) massaged with white chocolate butter.... baby, this one's for you! My epidermis felt smooth and detoxified - and I smelled delicious - as I kicked back in the art-filled relaxation room after my treatment.
Happy feet. Happy body.
Today, I will have a tour of this beautiful 6+ acre property then head to my fourth and final spa treatment this week. (There may be one more next week.) Seriously considering specializing in spa reporting. That's got to be a thing, right?

4 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Why did you make me go home? Why? Why? Why?

Cathy Hamilton said...

I didn't make you! And, you'll be happy to know I had breakfast with a Jewish gal today. Not as short as you, but a Jew nonetheless!

KJ said...

Good grief, girl, you ARE living the dream! I'm loving these posts!

Joe Root said...

This substance is composed extremely well. Your utilization of organizing when mentioning your focuses makes your objective facts clear and straightforward. Much obliged to you. Active Isolated Stretching

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...