Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Finally... chino weather!

I owe J. Jill an apology. They sent me this super-cute dress from their spring Chino line to review over a month ago. Trouble is, it's been so cold - first in New Mexico, then home in Kansas - I haven't had the chance to give it a test drive until this week.
I wore mine with dark denim leggings and a navy, bandana-style scarf. Casual chic.
Kinda wish I would've ordered this color to carry over into fall.
    Now, when one thinks of chinos, one typically thinks of pants. J. Jill has plenty of those, too. But, I liked the idea of this dress which I thought could double as a tunic. And it can. The mid-weight fabric is super-soft with great body and has just the right amount of stretch to give a little in all the appropriate places. I wore this number (with leggings) to an outdoor event when the temperature was 70 degrees and it was perfect - not too warm or too cool. Plus, the length is long enough to wear it with bare legs, albeit after some serious fake tanning, an overdue pedicure and full-leg wax.  The reviews online are overwhelmingly positive with some suggesting it is runs small in the bust. I did not find this to be the case and, believe me, my bust is no shrinking violet. (Did I mention it's been marked down?)
   Of course, this being Kansas, it could be 95 degrees tomorrow. In that case, J. Jill's new linen line might be calling my name.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...