Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Eat, Play, Spa - Day 2: Four Seasons Rancho Encantado

Today, when I needed both things desperately, I scored a five-star facial and a new friend at the Four Seasons. Located thirteen minutes from downtown Santa Fe in the serene foothills near the Santa Fe Opera, the Four Seasons resort and spa is an oasis in the desert with all the luxurious amenities you'd expect from the illustrious hotel chain.
Exterior view of the spa at the Four Seasons.
The "warming room" where you relax and wait for your treatment to begin. Luscious.
I had a heavenly 80-minute signature facial, compliments of the wonderful Monica, which featured HydroPeptide products infused with natural fragrances and lots of good-for-you stuff like Vitamin C. I didn't take an "after" photo, but the treatment made me feel (if not look) like I'd had a little facelift.  Afterward, I met the charming sales director, Evelyn, in the Four Seasons bar for cocktails and conversation. 
That's my Honey Badger on the left (made with local whiskey and liqueur) and Evelyn's Manhattan Project.
We enjoyed drinks (and the best blue corn breaded trout appetizer I've ever tasted) as the sun began to set over the foothills. We rattled on about our kids, her divorce, our 80-something moms and deceased dads, career shifts, her Japanese/Hawaiian culture and my life in Kansas. We mutually agreed that we really hit it off.
The adorable Evelyn.
The best part about travel assignments are the connections you make with people. It doesn't happen that often, but I'm certain Evelyn and I will stay in touch....because, for one reason, I am determined to be her virtual matchmaker.

3 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I wanna spa treatment. I wanna spa treatment. I wanna -- oh, you get the idea. Enjoy honey, enjoy.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thanks. It's been embarrassingly delightful.

Joe Root said...

I think this is a standout amongst the most critical data for me. What's more, i'm happy perusing your article. Be that as it may, ought to comment on some broad things, The site style is flawless, the articles is truly awesome : D. Great job, here's to you Massage Valrico fl

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...