Wednesday, October 20, 2010

HRT: Is mine safe?

The latest study linking hormone replacement therapy with increased risk of death by breast cancer in post-menopausal women has me scratching my head. At first glance, it appears that estrogen-progestin is the only combo that presents a danger (and the stats were convincing). I take estradiol tablets and topical testosterone because, well, I'm not ready to give up my sex life....especially when I don't have a kitchen to putter around in. (Sorry, but it all goes back to that damn remodeling project.) Still, one has to wonder what the next study will show....

1 comment:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Oh, BG, I'm on Estratest. It's so hard to understand, but I think we're both good. I think.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...