Monday, October 18, 2010

Tomorrow can't come soon enough

   "Tomorrowland," the Mad Men season finale left most of us Maddicts scratching our heads and crying, "Wha....??"
   One reviewer online said it felt like more of an intermission than a finale.  I agree. My feeling last night was that it seemed the writers took the easy way out.  Now that I've slept on it, I realize they've set up all kinds of drama for Season 5: Don's engagement and marriage, if it happens, will set him up to take the kids, if need be. Joanie's pregnancy with Roger's baby which she will eventually have to explain to hubby when if he comes home from Vietnam, and to Roger when if he takes his eyes off her breasts long enough to notice her pooch.
  I can only give this finale 3 out of 5 stars, but kudos to Joan and Peggy who provided the best scene of the night.

3 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

BG, I loved this scene, everything but Matt Weiner's son playing the creepy guy. I called the marriage before the proposal. You called Joan being preggers and Don's look at Megan. Betty has become the worst possible cliche. I hope they give her the complete nervous breakdown she so deserves next season, and that's how the kids end up with Don & the new Mrs. Draper. I'm still worried about Dr. Faye and what she might do with the inside scoop on Don/Dick.

Cathy Hamilton said...

I didn't see the proposal coming at all. But when he got Anna's engagement ring, it seemed a little too convenient. But, I agree on all counts. I predicted to a friend this morning that Henry will leave Betty, and she'll have a breakdown, leaving the 3 kids to live with Megan and Don, which will have Megan running for the hills. Dr. Faye is NOT going to take this lying down. Count on it. (Now, what to do with ourselves for the next 39 weeks!?)

Carol Starr Schneider said...

"In Treatment," that's what. It starts next Monday, the 25th. Can't wait!!!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...