Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wrapping up the week

This is just the best story that happened at my kids' alma mater Friday night.  It's the rare kind of goodness that gives you hope for the whole world.
My husband and I will be married 31 years this month. Some might ask what our secret is.  My answer lies in the photo above.  My column today explains it in words.
 Meanwhile, disregard what I wrote earlier about finally arriving at a decision for the new kitchen countertops. I saw some gorgeous soapstone in someone's kitchen on Friday and decided I had to have it. Yesterday, I noticed both Paula Deen and Ina Garten (the Barefoot Contessa) had it in their Food Network kitchens, so it's obviously preordained by the culinary goddesses. Our colors will look at lot like the photo above except with my warm coffee colored glass subway tiles as a backsplash. Yummers.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...