Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I can't believe I'm cleaning out the fridge!

   When the folks who represent "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" asked me to participate in their Reach Right project, I asked what I would need to do. 
  "Clean out your refrigerator, stock it with healthy food (including "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter," presumably) and blog about it," came the answer. "We'll even help by sending you free supplies."
   What can I say? They had me at "free."
   The kit arrived yesterday and contained everything you see above: sponges, soap, baking soda, an eco-friendly shopping bag, cute lunch tote, food storage containers in every size and an Anne Taintor (my fave) shopping list pad.
  Now, comes the hard part. My fridge is the only appliance standing in an otherwise still-gutted kitchen. That's not to say we don't use it. We do. Multiple times a day. The problem is, there's no kitchen sink in which to do the cleaning. If I'm going to do this right (and, as you'll soon see, the fridge is in dire need of a wash), I'll be scrubbing my bins and shelves in the bathtub.
  Unfortunately, I did not think this through before volunteering for the experiment. Note to self.

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

How dare they offer you free stuff! What a sick scheme. Don't do it, BG. Step away from the fridge. It's a science project in there. Slap on a surgical mask first. Oh, wait, I'm talking about my own fridge, not yours. How selfish of me. Never mind. Go forth and conquer the junk food. Better you than me!

Cathy Hamilton said...

I know! You'd think they found out my middle name is 'Schwag'(and, by that, I don't mean cheap marijuana). 'Science project' is right. I love all the supplies they sent, but they left out the blow torch.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...