Monday, May 2, 2011

And now, Nice.

My first French French poodle.
After seven hours of train riding and platform sitting, we arrived in Nice, France, from where we will depart for home-sweet-home tomorrow. Because we were suffering severe butt fatigue, we took a long walk around "old town" after checking into our hotel. Suffice it to say, I've lost all enthusiasm for photo taking (and sight-seeing, to be honest) but since Best Western Hotel Riviera's WiFi is free, here's what I've got:
Charging station for electric rental cars. 
A lovely garden in old Nice.
Same park; beautiful roses.

We made our way down to the sea, took one look and hoofed it back to the hotel, stopping in a bakery to pick up a couple of savories to hold us over until dinner. The sweets looked tempting, but we knew better...
There are more pics but, honestly, right now I just want to sip my scotch and watch French game shows until it's time for dinner at L'Occitanie down the street, where you can bet your last euro I WON'T be ordering pasta. Au revoir!

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...