Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My office in the trees!

The Memorial Day move is over and I'm settling into my new work digs.  I went from this:
BEFORE: 1970s bank bldg space on the back alley with lovely oak furniture

To this, with the help of two burly movers, my handy son and my heroic, workhorse husband:

AFTER: Historic building with fabulous view of Mass. Street and "new" donated furniture. Great parade-watching venue!

What you don't see are the countless boxes of brochures, banners, computer equipment and supplies that had to be carried up the steps and put away. These stairs will quickly become my butt's best friend or its worst enemy.
But, back to that view. How enjoyable meetings will be with chirpy little birds just outside the window! Now, if I could just find the lid for the coffee pot....

7 comments:

Ann @CreativeBoomer said...

What a great space and a fantastic view!
What type of business do you have?

KJ said...

It looks great, Cathy! Congrats!

TARYTERRE said...

Congratulations on the new office and furniture. What a view. You're going to LOVE going to work there.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Ann, I'm the director of the downtown merchants' association. KJ and T, thanks. I already love it. Such a difference one's environment makes!

Kim from Nebraska said...

Our offices, in a 1920s era building, were just cosmetically updated in this color palette -- dove gray taupe with muted red accent walls. I am lucky enough to have large windows that brighten this somewhat dark color story. Your place looks very nice.

Flowers said...

Very! Cherry!

Suzanne said...

Cathy, What a great new space to work in!! Congrats on the move and have a wonderful summer!! Cheers, S

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...