Sunday, May 8, 2011

Traveling together: Heaven or hell?

Naturally, my column today is about our trip. I could have gone a different direction with it, theme-wise, but the Rick Steves angle seemed the easiest, given my lingering case of jet lag. The next column will contain those all-important travel tips Rick Steves doesn't tell you about, especially when trotting the globe with a partner who doesn't share your - shall we say - traveling style. (Our marital travel alert was elevated to the highest level more than once in the last few weeks.) I'm thinking it might even be good book material.

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

L'chaim to you, Oaky and Rick Steves. I hear he's writing a travel guide to Sherman Oaks next.

Marguerite said...

Good column, BG. Can't wait to hear more. The Pope and RS, in one trip. Truly beginners luck.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...