Saturday, May 7, 2011

Scrambled eggs with fresh herbs...and salt!!

Breakfast was three eggs (because I haven't had even one in weeks), scrambled with Half & Half, chopped fresh arugula from the farmers' market, chives from my garden, ground pepper, assorted dried herbs and freshly ground sea salt as recommended by the chef on the cruise ship. She told me the biggest mistake most American cooks make is eliminating salt, due to fear of hypertension. A sprinkle or two of sea salt on fresh (not canned) ingredients will, in most cases, do your arteries no harm and bring out your flavors ten-fold.

2 comments:

Marguerite said...

Looks so good and low carb, too! Love the Farmer's markets that are popping up everywhere.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Yum. And it's true about salt. I learned that on Top Chef. Salt away!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...