Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bazaarmaggedon!

Tomorrow is the 51st annual Downtown Lawrence Sidewalk Sale. 20 to 30 thousand bargain hunters shoppers are expected to descend on a 5-block stretch of Massachusetts Street, starting around 4:30 tomorrow morning and not ending till about 9 pm.
The expected high tomorrow: 101 degrees.
Guess who's in charge of this hot, panting puppy? That's right. I am! It's the biggest retail event of the year for our merchants' association and I have no earthly idea what to expect. All I know is, I'm getting up at 4 and taking a complete change of clothes with me to work, along with extra pairs of shoes, a cooler, plenty of ice, sunscreen, Xanax (not really; OK, really, but just for back-up) and a whole bunch of cash.
Fortunately, I managed to snag Sidewalk Sale prices a day early from my next-door neighbor, Brown's Shoe Fit, purveyors of stylish, foot-healthy shoes.

The babies I bought are Galley Sandals in Brunello Red by Born. I heart them because the heel isn't too high (not quite two inches), the style is timeless, they're comfy as heck, and the crimson color is sex-y-y-y! AND, I got them for $30 off!

1 comment:

Brenda Susan said...

What fun! Reminds me of my years of working in an expensive shoe store that had a huge sale once a year. People lined up for it and it went on and on, but really fun!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...