Friday, July 22, 2011

Emergency exit

I must have seemed particularly pitiful last night after my long day at the sidewalk sale, because my spouse - no doubt pitying himself more than me - booked an air-cooled room for tonight at a Kansas City hotel. "Perfect!" I said, imagining myself soaking in a cool pool, then napping for hours under cool, clean sheets.  Then he said, "And there's this great band we should go see. Their show starts at 10." Wha!?!? Clubbing? In an excessive heat warning? Some people just have a completely different idea of what a vacation should be.

1 comment:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

What a guy! Keep cool. Let him go clubbing. Stay in and chill.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...