Monday, July 18, 2011

Psychological warfare

I've waged war - a cold war, if you will - against my hot and bitchy self in the midst of this torturous heat wave. My first tactic is to break out the photos of Blizzard 2011. It seems to be working on my overheated psyche. That, and a steady stream of Lemon-Basil Gin Rickeys on ice:
      2 ounces gin
      1 ounce lemon juice
      1 ounce or more basil-infused simple syrup (made with Splenda)
      2 ounces soda water
      Garnish with basil sprigs.  (Don't forget to spank your basil!)

1 comment:

KJ said...

Just looking at this picture brings a bit of relief on this furnace of a day! Thanks, Cathy...

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...