Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Party in the park!

It was a perfect, temperate evening for a 4th of July party in the park with a few thousand of our closest friends last night.
Here's one of them. I saw him coming a mile away (I didn't really know him but his name's Mark) and stopped him to inquire about his t-shirt. I think he said he bought it on a Russian website, but I may have had a wee too much vodka. (Not really, just wine.)
The park was filled with vendors selling food and drink, music from various bands including Soul'd Out (think Motown from 60s/70s) and, later, a fireworks display over the river....
.....plus other forms of impromptu entertainment. Good times!

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...