Saturday, August 20, 2011

Gettin' crafty with it

While the hubs installed beadboard wainscoting in the mud room/laundry today, I whipped up some curtains to hang in front of the washer and dryer closet. We got this yummy fabric at Kaplan's in Kansas City. Astonishingly, the nail gun-toting cowboy picked it out, pink flowers and all.
The beadboard will be painted dark green with white trim, and a soft gold on the wall above. That's where I'll hang my "laundry series" taken in Vernazza, which I framed in inexpensive white Italian-ish frames.
'Still have to paint the room and hem the curtains but, I must admit, it feels good to get in touch with your inner crafter once in while. (As long as she doesn't want to come out too often.)

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...