Sunday, August 7, 2011

I'm in love.

It was hard enough to put this book down long enough to take a picture. It's nearly impossible to lay it on the nightstand overnight. Tom McNeal writes like a dream in "To Be Sung Underwater," the hypnotic, heart-wrenching story of a woman who ventures to find her first love, a man she left behind when she went off to college 27 years ago. It's not a page-turner, in the sense that you can't wait to see what happens next.  It's a book that invites you to savor each sentence, each scene. For that reason, I don't know when I'll finish it, but I don't need to know how the story ends to highly recommend it.

2 comments:

KJ said...

Haven't heard of this book until now...thanks for the heads up!

Carol Starr Schneider said...

How'd you hear about this book? It sounds wonderful.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...