Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mudroom love

Not to be confused with Muskrat Love (that was the theme last week), my love this week is for our newly-completed mudroom/laundry. (See old room here.)
I love the way my "clothesline series" from Italy turned out - so inexpensive to do with two-dollar prints from Kinko's and half-price frames from Hobby Lobby.
I even like the curtain that hides the washer and dryer with my enameled French cow I completely forgot I had, and the vintage "Family Dog House" plaque salvaged from my mother-in-law's house.
Yes, that's me in the doghouse. I can be a real bitch during home improvement projects.

5 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

We don't know from mud rooms in Sherman Oaks, but if I had one, I'd want one just like yours. Beautiful work. Look out Pioneer Byotch, here comes the BG.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Thankie. 'Mudroom' may be a misnomer as the room rarely sees actually mud. We should call it a shoe/hat/eco-responsible shopping bag/hoodie room.

Anonymous said...

what color is your paint. I am redoing a very small country house mudroom (...THANKS

Cathy Hamilton said...

Anon, the color on the upper wall is something Harvest Gold. The green is Amazon Moss. Both are Benjamin Moore.

mudroom storage said...

Love this! I am dreaming of of mud room.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...