Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stolen: Another great summer read

I found this book on my mother's bookshelf last weekend and borrowed it without asking (because she was in Connecticut with her new husband, for crying it out loud.... Argh! I'm 55 years old! Why do I feel so guilty?!?)  I could be the last person on earth to read it, because it came out in '03 and was on the Today show's book club and won all kinds of awards. Nevertheless, it is very fresh and compelling. An easy yet, often, challenging read. Here's the scoop via amazon.  Highly recommended, especially if you have any personal connection to a person with Asperger's syndrome.

1 comment:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I loved this book too... except for the weird math stuff.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...