Saturday, May 22, 2010

CK & JT's fantasy setlist

    I'm delighted to report that last night's concert didn't disappoint.  Three hours (including an intermission), 20,000 singing-along boomer fans, Row 3 seats, 27 songs and 2 legends made for a fabulous night.  I even ran into my best friend from college who drove up from Ozark, Missouri, with her family for the show.  (She RETIRED yesterday, I was stunned to discover!)
    Here's the setlist, which I'm going to try and recreate as a commemorative playlist on my iPod: 
    Blossom, So Far Away, Honey Don’t Leave L.A., Carolina On My Mind, Way Over Yonder, Smackwater Jack, Country Road, Sweet Seasons, Mexico, Long Ago and Far Away, Beautiful, Shower the People, (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman. (Intermission) Copperline, Crying in the Rain, That Sweet Old Roll (Hi-De-Ho), Sweet Baby James, Jazzman, Will You Love Me Tomorrow, Steamroller, It’s Too Late, Fire and Rain, I Feel the Earth Move, You’ve Got A Friend. Encore: Up on the Roof, How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You), You Can Close Your Eyes.

1 comment:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Heaven... same set list, same nirvana at the Hollywood Bowl. So glad you got to go... aw, JT, CK. The best.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...