Thursday, May 13, 2010

True confession: I've joined Curves

     My own considerable curves notwithstanding, I never thought of myself as a Curves kind of gal.  To be honest, after my 8-month stint with a personal trainer (which ended in injury), I never thought I could get a real workout there. But, when the local franchise advertised a grand opening sale that waived most of the sign-up fee, I stopped in for a look.
    There were women of all shapes and sizes (college coeds to grandmas), exercising on a circuit to disco-fied 70's cover songs.  Every 30 seconds, a pleasant - if somewhat robotic voice - commanded them to "change stations now." Some were actually sweating, so I decided to give the machines a try.
     Curves, I take it all back. Your hydraulic resistance machines provide a helluva workout.  It all depends on how fast you pump them.  My glutes are actually sore this morning after 30 minutes, or 3 trips around the circuit last night.  AND, I didn't tweak my ankle again...bonus!
    So, yeah, I signed up.  I may be hearing "change stations now" in my sleep, but that's a chance I'll have to take.  Here's to curves with smaller radii!

3 comments:

Nan said...

I was a Curves gal for a couple of years, but I really only liked the in-between walking stations, I am simply not a weight machine person, any kind of weights. Decided to use our family Y membership and got hooked on yoga and pilates classes. But Curves is a great concept and you get to talk to people while you sweat!

Cathy Hamilton said...

Nan, ironically, I love the weights and that's what I was not doing after I quit the trainer. Problem is, I'm not a "chatty gal" when I work out. I just don't work hard enough when I'm flapping my gums. I hope the other Curves gals don't think I'm rude, but that's the way it is. Thanks for the comment!

chenlina said...

chenlina20170528
oakley sunglasses
giuseppe zanotti shoes
jordan 8
ugg boots
prada bags
ray ban sunglasses
spurs jerseys
prada sunglasses
the north face jackets
rolex watches

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...