Friday, May 21, 2010

In my mind I'm going to James and Carole

   After weeks of anticipation, the concert finally kicks off at 8 p.m. tonight.  I'm so giddy, it feels like I'm going to a giant high school reunion.  It's been years since I attended a big venue concert and I've completely forgotten the etiquette.  Do people still wave lighters in the air?  Pass joints around?  Beach balls and Frisbees?  Surely, this won't be a crowd that stands on their feet the whole time, will they? 
   Did you know Carole King is 68?  That's right!  Born in 1942.  Wow.
   I'll count the number of tie-dyed shirts I see tonight and report back.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...