Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's official: Teenyboppers rule the world

    I had a bad feeling when I dialed in to vote for Crystal Bowersox after her stellar "Idol" performances Tuesday night (something I haven't done since Season 1) and got through OVER 50 TIMES!  I expected busy signals, but no!  "Thank you for voting for Contestant Number 2," the voice said.  Apparently, I was no match for the millions of 6 to 16 year-olds who catapulted lackluster but likable Lee DeWyze to AI top dawg status.  That's OK.  Crystal will be fine and I will buy her album, which really will be a first for me. (Could you just see her feeling the nirvana singing next to Alanis and Joe Cocker last night!? There's nothing more fun than watching someone realizing their life's dream on live TV, is there?)
   It just shows to go you: Never underestimate the power of the teen or tween with a cell phone.

1 comment:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I'm right there with you. So bummed. She was robbed!!!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...