Friday, May 14, 2010

No offense, Carole, but Carly would be awesome!

I've vowed to stop listening to Carole King/James Taylor music after tomorrow, giving me a week of abstinence before next Friday night's concert.  (Kind of like not sleeping with seeing the groom the day before the wedding.  You want it to feel like the first time, if you possibly can.)  Anyway, while cruising YouTube for more appetite whetters, I happened upon this 1977 duet between James and his then-wife, Carly Simon.  Talk about a smoking hot couple making beautiful music together.  'Shame it had to end....

2 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

They were so good together. Took me years to get over the end of their marriage. Years, I tell ya! Enjoy the concert.... you'll love every second.

Cathy Hamilton said...

I know you take those Hollywood break-ups so hard. I'm enjoying the "Anticipation" of the concert so much, I hope I'm not building expectations too high. Was it loud, by the way? I haven't been to a concert in so long, I don't know whether to bring my earplugs...ha!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...