Monday, May 24, 2010

Rocking the pixie...do I dare?

   So, the pixie cut is all the rage in Hollywood, right?  Michelle whats-her-name (pictured above), Hallie Berry, even Tom Cruise's beard wife, whose name escapes me at the moment, is sporting one.  But, is it right for me, Ms. Biggest Head in Her Graduating Class?  (I know this because the nuns gasped - then giggled in an unChristian-like manner - when measuring my head for a graduation cap.)
  After a weekend of perspiration like the one I just had, something's gotta give.  And, since it can't be my clothes (at least, not in public), it's gotta be my crowning glory which is heavier and hotter than a coonskin cap.  Thoughts?

5 comments:

Cariedaway said...

Hey Cathy, if you do, you're a braver woman than I. My last pixie cut (at age 10) was SUCH a disaster, I have sworn off anything shorter than a chin-length bob since (and that's been oh about 50 years!). I'd say don't do it, but you may look great in yours. Good luck.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Point taken, Cariedaway, thanks. Wow. That must have been quite a trauma! I think "pixie" might be a misnomer for what I want to do which is less Mia Farrow, more Katie Holmes (long top, long bangs...) But the jury's still out. (It's amazing how scary haircuts can be, isn't it??)

Suzanne KS said...

Did you read my mind? Two weeks past a haricut, husband with an Oedipus complex, 100% humidity...I looking for the pixie, NOW!

Cathy Hamilton said...

Suzanne, you're hilarious!! I'm doing it at 10:45 tomorrow, baby! But I'm leaving it long and bangs-y on top - a la the lovely Michelle Williams. We'll see if that stops the drip irrigation situation on my neck.

MoreFun said...

Be sure to post a picture of your new cut for all of us who are considering the same look!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...