Monday, May 31, 2010

Low-carb score of the summer!

Inspired by "Spice Dreams," the fantabulous cookbook pictured above (to be released later this week), I made a delicious, decadently simple and LOW CARB treat for myself last night.  To a small bowl of softened Carb Smart vanilla ice cream, I added two shakes of cinnamon, a dash of nutmeg, and one shake of chipotle chili pepper (available in your market's spice aisle), blended it well, then re-froze it for about an hour.  The result: sweet creamy goodness with taste bud-tingling heat.  Seriously delectable!  Try it with your favorite vanilla ice cream....or chocolate!  Now, if only I could find a low-carb waffle cone.....

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...