Thursday, May 27, 2010

No offense to the LPGA but...

    A friend of mine wore her hair short for years.  When she finally decided to grow it out, her husband confessed he was never crazy about the short do. "You looked like a lady golfer," he told her.  She was mortified.  (For the record, there are lots of lady golfers with nice hair out there today. This conversation took place in the '90s when, apparently, that wasn't the case.) Still, I've never forgotten that, and had lady golfers on the brain while sitting nervously in my stylist's chair this morning.
   Determined to be cool this hot, holiday weekend (which starts tomorrow for moi), I showed my stylist the photo of Michelle Williams (see post below) and said, "If you can't make me look like her, whatever you do, don't make me look like a lady golfer!!"
   The jury's still out but, just to be safe, I'm going to stay off the golf course this weekend...just in case anyone asks me to sign their balls...or bag...or whatever it is lady golfers sign.
  PostScript:  Last night, my daughter pointed out that the new do should be tucked behind the ears to have even a chance of resembling the marvelous Ms. Williams' coif.  Thus, the new pic.  I'm going to test drive this sucker in today's 90-degree heat.  Bring it on, summer!!

4 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I'd say you look sassy and fun; up for anything... except a round of golf.

Monica Taylor said...

You rock that pixie.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Monica! What a nice surprise, and compliment. Thanks. And that's officially the last all-about-my-hair post EVER.

cariedaway said...

I agree w. Monica - you DO rock that shorter look, especially with it tucked behind the ears. I'd call it a success, congrats!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...