Friday, September 10, 2010

'Back in the saddle (shoes) again

It seems so wrong, right? Especially after being forced to wear saddle shoes for years as a part of my all-girls' high school uniform. But, God help me, I love these shoes by G.H. Bass. (Remember Bass Weejuns? They still make them.)
I should be disgusted - nay, repelled - by these oxfords. And yet, I've got to have a pair. But, with the 2-1/2" heel or practical flat sole? That is the question.
I'm thinking the flat makes more sense.  I'll have to scuff them up immediately because, as I recall, too-white saddle shoes were never cool.

5 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I must have these shoes so we can be twins. I always wore all-white saddles for some reason, but I desperately wanted two-tone.

Cathy Hamilton said...

All white clodhoppers? (I just remembered that's what we called them.) That must've been a California thing. I've changed my mind. I'm going with the heels!

chenlina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hoxn123 said...

a handbag replica coach-built Carrera only for insane collectors who can appreciate that stuff. Well, that is at least my UK Replica watches feelings on a possible future angle Breitling could choose to take with their Chronoworks Designer handbags watches.In addition to the BC01 movement (which, of course, is COSC chronometer certified Replica Rolex Watches – as though any one cares anymore given the far superior standards out there now. Watches Replica Speaking of which.

chenlina said...

chenlina20170528
oakley sunglasses
giuseppe zanotti shoes
jordan 8
ugg boots
prada bags
ray ban sunglasses
spurs jerseys
prada sunglasses
the north face jackets
rolex watches

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...