Sunday, September 12, 2010

Early to bed, early to rise...

makes a Mad Men fan have to wait even longer for Ep. 8 to begin!
   Adding insult to injury, the steel cut outs I tried to make in the crock pot last night (to be ready this morning, supposedly) were a complete bust. I know they look fairly normal, as steel cut oats go but, believe me, they're the consistency of just-poured cement:
Yesterday, I purchased some roasted walnut infused olive oil and pear cinnamon balsamic vinegar here to add to it and was so excited to have a warm breakfast at home again.  Back to the drawing board.
   Oh, and here's the Sunday column about a mad scheme I had to make money from drywall dust.  Yeah, that's right. Drywall dust. Something I've had a surplus of, lately. Which brings me to the main activity of the day: dusting.  Here's hoping your Sunday is much more fun than mine's going to be.

3 comments:

marty said...

I've never had luck with steel cut oats in the crockpot either; now I just make a batch when I have time, refrigerate it and then nuke a serving at a time for breakfast! Delicious!

Cathy Hamilton said...

Marty, I had much better luck by cooking 1/4 c steel cut oats and 3/4 c water (and a little roasted walnut oil) for 7.5 minutes in the microwave on half power (found recipe on the internet). It comes out a little gritty, but I like it that way!!

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Throw in some glitter and you've got fairy dust. That'd be a big seller at Disneyland. Cha-ching!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...