Sunday, September 5, 2010

Zoo. Whew.

For the record, I think the Omaha zoo is great.  So do - oh, I don't know - about half a million other people! It is Labor Day weekend, as my spouse reminded me. Fortunately, we didn't have to wait in line to get our passes. After that, lines were long in exhibits...
like this, penquins are my favorite.
 And this (the birds were shy)...
 And this (giraffes are just cool, aren't they?) When our feet decided we had seen enough....
we went here, on the banks of the Missouri River....
and refreshed ourselves with other visitors and Omahans....
by sipping cold beverages and enjoying the view (in the distance) of the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge, which our feet would not allow us to cross.

No comments:

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...