Monday, April 4, 2011

Cruise shoes

 
With Mom's wedding out of the way and the happy couple off on their honeymoon, my attention turns to preparing in earnest for my excellent European adventure which begins two weeks from tomorrow.  I have promised my skeptical spouse that I will faithfully adhere to Rick Steve's packing strategy and get 14 days worth of clothes, accessories and, yes, shoes into one carry-on bag.  (Steve says pack light and prepare to do laundry, which I always enjoy - oddly enough - while traveling.) Enter these Franco Sarto Cherie sandals in Platino. Wouldn't they be the bee's knees to dance in on the swanky Marina? "Sure, but think of the space they'll take up in your suitcase," says Mr. Buzzkill. "So? I'll leave my workout shoes at home," I counter. "These'll do fine on the treadmill."

7 comments:

Marguerite said...

Love! Hopefully you wear a 7 1/2! What else have you bought for the cruise?

Cathy Hamilton said...

Try 9-1/2 (I need big feet to balance my melon head) thus the luggage space concern. Haven't had a lot of time to shop, and I need to find my warm weather clothes in the attic, so I can remember what I already have. This is getting complicated.

Marguerite said...

I bought some Geox (the shoe that "Breathes") black loafers and a short gray trench jacket. Hope to find an additional pair of straight leg jeans. Wow, you store your warm weather clothes in the attic?

Carol Starr Schneider said...

These sandals are jazzy. You will be stylin' but then, that's just how the BG rolls.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Me again. I've plugged you and myself on my blog today. Why not piggyback on your success? Don't mind if I do.

Ann @CreativeBoomer said...

With a cruise, you just have to get your luggage to the ship. Once there, it hides under the bed the entire time. Flying to a cruise is one of the few times I pay to check a bag.

Cathy Hamilton said...

Understood, Ann, except that the cruise is only 5 days and we're taking another week to travel across Italy on trains, buses and who knows what else.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...