Sunday, April 10, 2011

Packing light: Trial run

Determined to get it ALL into one regulation-sized carry-on bag, I've decided to practice with "dummy" clothes (i.e. not necessarily the chosen few). So far, I've put in a swimsuit, cover-up, two blouses, two camisoles, three scarves, two pairs of shorts and and ample underwear. Just look at all the space I have left to fill with four pairs of pants, four tees and a nightie (yes, I said "nightie" - blame my mother). Oh, plus shoes and a jacket. And a laptop and cord. Make-up and products. OK, it's challenging, but totally doable. I hope.

4 comments:

Marguerite said...

I must tell you we have bought quick drying underwear from Travelsmith website. Especially works well for men's briefs. Three pairs each, wash and wear the next day. Saves a small amount of room, but worth it. Don't forget you can put stuff inside your packed shoes. Are you getting tired of my advice :)?

Cathy Hamilton said...

Tired of your advice? Never! Thanks. I've never thought of stuffing anything inside my shoes. I just got another genius tip from a friend/reader which I plan to post pronto.

Carol Starr Schneider said...

I'm a roller. I roll my clothes when I pack. Have been since the '70s and now my sons are rollers,too. You can get a lot more in there and it isn't as wrinkled. I pass it along with pride.

Cathy Hamilton said...

I will try rolling, C. It's a grand experiement, it is. Gold lame' sandals came today. I said, when I opened the box, "Now, them's some cruisin' shoes!"

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...