Saturday, April 2, 2011

Mom's wedding day!

    On the morning of my wedding in 1979, my mother and I sat at the breakfast table sipping coffee.  She said - and I'll never forget it: "I guess this is when I'm supposed to ask if you have questions for me about the wedding night." Then, she laughed, realizing - but never having discussed - that I had known my husband-to-be "in the Biblical sense" for some time. "On second thought," she added, "maybe I've got questions for you!" We had a good laugh over that and, to this day, it remains one of my favorite wedding day memories.
    This morning, I called my mother and attempted to relive the moment, roles reversed:
    "Hi, Mom. I'm just calling to see if you have any questions for me about the wedding night tonight."
    "Oh, you mean like a sex talk!! Hahaha..." She laughed, but admitted she had no recollection of that exchange 31 years ago.  Then, she said she had to hang up. The groom needed help finding more closet space.

3 comments:

KJ said...

What a sweet memory.Congratulations to you both!

Carol Starr Schneider said...

So wonderful. Can't wait to hear more about the big day!

chenlina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...