Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Madwoman of Lufthansa

"You want me to fly for 8 1/2 hours in coach with nothing but a velour neck pillow and free booze to comfort me?"
A friend let me borrow her nifty neck pillow with the snap in front (also handy for hooking on luggage handles) for the long flight tonight. After giving it a brief test run, I decided I needed an ace in the hole. Voila! A note from my doctor verifying my recent injuries and suggesting it "would be beneficial for patient to have extra leg and hip room."
It was my brilliant spouse's idea, which he soon realized isn't that brilliant if I end up in first class and he's stuck back in coach.

5 comments:

Carol Starr Schneider said...

Safe trip. Have fun. Does this mean you're going without me?

Cathy Hamilton said...

Honey, my carry-on is overweight as it is, or you know I'd be stowing you. Wish us luck - there are delays in Chicago already, due to SNOW!!

Anonymous said...

Now that would be a restful flight ... you in first class, alone, and able to pretend to be whoever it is you dream to be :)

Ann @CreativeBoomer said...

Have a safe and fun trip!
Can't wait to hear all about it.

Annie said...

More space, real food, free booze makes 8 1/2 hours much more pleasant. There is something about knowing you have to sit for 8 1/2 hours that makes you a little crazy. Seems like forever. I am parked daily at my desk on a computer for about that long without a great destination awaiting me. I think it is great. Enjoy!

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...