Thursday, April 7, 2011

Oh, that Jacques. Isn't he just...

While I've been relegated to the Lazy Boy, due to my "groinal situation," I've become intrigued by "Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home" on PBS, especially their wine-heavy, rustic French style of cooking. Jacques Pepin is the executive chef on Oceania's "Marina," the boat we'll board in Monte Carlo in a couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to dining in "Jacques," one of the cruise ship's four specialty restaurants. I only wish Chef himself would make an appearance. He's just adorable.

2 comments:

Marguerite said...

I have their joint cookbook in my collection. I just love Julia and her life story is a great read. Do you have a Kindle for the trip? Hope your groin improves soon. You may have to see the groinocologist as my DH would say.

Cathy Hamilton said...

The Marina has a book of Jacques' recipes from ghe ship's restaurants. I'll be tempted to buy, but will have to see how realistic they are. No Kindle, sadly.

Inn of the Governors

The Inn of the Governors on West Alameda is where my maternal grandparents used to stay in the '60s and '70s when they'd visit ...